Monday 17 January 2011

First Of The Year

One of my resolutions this year was to try and sew more wearable items for myself. I can never find anything I like in 'proper' shops anyway, and while it's nice looking through the £1 table at the op-shops and getting your hands on really brilliant piece, sometimes it's also nice to be able to beam and say ''I made that'' in a slightly smug tone when you receive a compliment on your outfit.
Here's my smug face - it'a actually more constipated than anything, as I was trying not to laugh at the hideous haircut I had just given the Manbacon. This blouse is officially my first completed project of 2011 (not counting those little pouches for Queenie and Ted). It's made of a lovely soft rayon with a slight sheen to it. It's probably not cool to say so, but I love rayon. I mean, it's soft, it's easy to work with, it drapes wonderfully, and you can often buy large pieces of it for next to nothing at the op-shops. Plus, you can be pretty rough with your handling of it, and it still comes out looking great. 

Anyway, enough talk, why not look at me instead? Look at me, look at me! For those of you after more technical details, head on over to my Burdastyle page, why not? 


Hat - H&M, blouse - selfmade, gloves - random shop in Singapore, skirt - op-shop (£1 table, yes!), sandals - Office

No comments:

Post a Comment