Wednesday 5 August 2009

Fun At The Fete

Eeek! I've been horribly slow at posting lately (no thanks to visitors from overseas, and some 'top secret' work work). All I really want to do today is hide in a dark corner, but I thought I should post a quick update on how the Urban Village Fair last Saturday turned out anyway. My digital camera got commandeered by my tourists for the day, so I didn't manage to get many pictures of the other stalls at the fair.

I've got this rather pathetic photo of the other stalls beside my table, and it was taken so late in the day that about half of the others had already packed up and left. If you squint, you'll be able to see quite a few umbrellas out there. Despite the horrid weather, the day actually turned out be be a success!

The fair was my first one this year, and had heaps of fun! I made enough to cover the cost of the stall (a first! I usually do so badly that I was considering applying for non-profit charity status), met some very lovely crafters, and ate an awesome brownie!

The brownie came by way of the wonderful Cake Collective crew, who also had cute little chocolate hedgehogs, a yummy looking blueberry bundt cake, and some glittery little cupcakes. I had to limit myself to only buying one brownie so I wouldn't - quite literally - eat into my takings for the day.

Cake Collective (left) and loumms (right)

Jo from Kitschcraft also came up for a chat. She makes the sweetest little dollies, and also had lots of brooches and rings with vintage buttons. Lou and Emm from loumms had their stall directly across from mine, and they are two of the sweetest ladies I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Be sure to check out their Etsy shop for gorgeous convertible aprons and Grow Your Own Soup seed packs.




2 comments:

  1. Nice! And congrats on selling stuff...I'm sure they'll come back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! Congrats on your high sales!!!
    http://shrimpsaladcircus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete