Wednesday 18 March 2009

Ginger Biscuits

Made more edibles...and this time, they don't look quite so turdy. Unless yours come out looking light brown with ginger flecks in it. I dunno, I don't inspect others' poo that often.

Ginger Biscuits
2 cups plain flour
150g unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
200g crystallised ginger
2 eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
chocolate bits (optional)

*If your ginger comes in big chunks, make sure you chop them up into itty-bitty bits before mixing them in as you don't want people choking on chunks of fiery ginger death.

It's a pretty simple thing to make, just mix the flour and cinnamon and ginger together -and try to make sure the top of your cinnamon jar doesn't fall open and deposit a million grams of cinnamon into your flour, like mine did. Anyway, then you mix the sugar and butter together till it's creamy, and what I did was to add half the dry mixture into the butter mixture before adding the eggy-weggys, then I added the other half of the dry mixture in.

Then you mix everything together and spoon portions onto baking trays and bake them for between 10 - 15 mins. I think I did mine for 12 mins. I also added some bits of chilli chocolate to the last batch I made. Because of all the extra cinnamon, I was worried that they would come out too gross, but the biscuits disappeared into greedy stomachs as soon as they came out of the oven, which I guess is a good sign. They ended up being pretty spicy (probably coz of all the extra cinnamon) so it might be a good winter-time biccy.

No comments:

Post a Comment